Friday, February 17, 2017

Welcome To My Blog

(2020 Update)

Hello again! Since my exchange to Germany, I have experienced much more of the world, both at home and abroad. If you keep up with Nothing Rhymes With Germany, you will have read about The Werth Family's outrageous trip to South Korea and Japan in 2018 in addition to my blur-of-a-summer in 2019. I am currently in the middle of attending Northeastern University in Boston and I hope to move to New York this fall for my first co-op (Northeastern's infamous 6-month internship program). There's no telling where I'll be a year from now, a mindset with which I have become far too comfortable. Nevertheless, I will continue to explore the world around me while enjoying my youth in blissful naïvety. 

Nothing Rhymes With Germany has become a place for me to not only write about my travels but to document my life as it happens. Call it a public diary. With the future unknown, there is no telling what Nothing Rhymes With Germany will become. Whether it be at a café in Bavaria, on an island in the South China Sea, or at a fancy party in New York, the people I meet, the experiences I gain, and the adventures I have, will shape whoever I am meant to be. 

Nat

Today is 18 December 2020


(2017 Original Introduction)

Hello, and welcome to my blog. Here, you will be able to read all about my gallivant through Germany and Europe, but first, let me introduce myself. My name is Nat and I am sixteen years old, which makes me of legal drinking age in Germany, mind you, and I attend a local parochial high school in Sheboygan, WI. I have two parents comprised of a mostly German, European father and an adopted Korean mother who have biologically produced both myself and my brother, Josh, and have since adopted my sisters, Bethany (the older) and Lily (the younger). I grew up eating plenty of Korean cooking and learning about my Korean heritage through attending camps, language school, and other outlets, but I never really knew anything about my other half beside the fact that "Guten morgen" means "Good morning". This came to an end a few years ago when I was in 7th grade and heard about an opportunity for a six-week exchange to Germany. I said, "sign me up" and the next thing I knew, I was $1,500 poorer and on a plane to Europe. Since, I have learned plenty about Germany and its culture in addition to becoming good friends with my exchange partner, Joern. 

Recently, I decided that I wanted to make the trek over to Germany once again, only this time for five months. Joern arrived last July for his leg of the exchange in which we went to Washington DC, Ark Encounter, Disney World, Mall of America, and Six Flags. It was a crazy five months. He left just before Christmas and I have since completed a few online classes to keep up with my studies while I am gone. Now, I have nothing more to do than beef up my language skills and await my departure date.

Today is 2 February 2017

Signing off,

Nat


No comments:

Post a Comment